The packer's role is to manage the grading, packing and
distribution (and possibly storage) of a product.
The packer sends the product to an agent, who sells the product and reports pricing back
to the packer.
If the packer has packed produce for other growers, reports detailing prices fetched and
packing charges must be sent to the growers.
Packhouse Management Products
In all packer products, the user may add produce types, varieties, size/counts, brands,
classes and colours, to manage packing of any produce.
Reporting automatically adjusts to accommodate for new produce details.
The software comes pre-loaded with common industry fruit and vegetable varieties and
Harvest TraceMaster Grower/Packer
This is the basic product, suitable for a packer who has only a single grower (ie. who
packs only their own product).
Key features offered :
- Tracking and warehousing/storage of incoming raw product and packed stock
- Comprehensive packout management and pallet card generation
- multiple brands, varieties, production blocks per pallet
- management of multiple packhouses and grading machines
- data entry designed to minimise errors inputting pallet data
- Comprehensive consignment tracking
- calculation of levies
- transport costs and ETA's, including multiple-leg transport runs
- all paperwork - Con Notes, Consignment Advice, Sales Advice ready for filling in
and faxing back by agent
- Complete traceability reporting
- of specified product back to batch (and block)
- of all destinations for a batch
- all batches on a pallet
- Complete packout and analysis reporting
- packed produce by block, batch, pallet, agent
- market price analysis by agent and market location
- block yield and income analysis
- debtors and creditors reporting
Main Benefits Provided
- greater control over business management and profitability decisions through
better yield and market analysis tools
- complete traceability records for product
- a horticultural produce management system designed specifically for the task
Harvest TraceMaster Central Packer
This product is designed for a packer who packs for many growers.
It includes the features of the Grower/Packer product plus comprehensive grower reporting
A key feature of the Central Packer product is the optional Electronic Reconciliation,
which gives the ability to harness the data generated by electronic grading line machinery
to reduce the time delay changing over between growers.
Using the normal (manual) reconciliation method, when changing growers it is necessary
to fully pack out and tally the packs from the first grower's batch before starting the
next one. This can lead to ten to fifteen minutes gap where the grading line is not
Under the electronic reconciliation method, the fruit counts of each size for each batch
(from the electronic grader) are reconciled against the total produce packed out for the
day, giving the percentage for each batch of the total of the size/count packed. This
allows accurate tracking of the ownership of packed produce without stopping the line to
tally individual batches.
This feature alone has saved existing customers several hundred dollars a day.
Harvest TraceMaster Central Packer offers all the features of Grower/Packer plus :
- Electronic reconciliation of day's packing
- Flexible packing charge entry and assignment to growers
- Comprehensive grower reporting
- grower packout reports by block, batch, pallet
- grower invoices showing revenue less packing, transport and levies
- grower block yield and income analysis
- Grower pricing averaged over individual consignment or by a pool of consignments
Additional Benefits Provided
- value adding for growers by providing comprehensive reporting and analysis
- labour cost savings through the Electronic Reconciliation feature
- effective management of a large grower base tracing ownership, sales and payments
of product without additional staff
Electronic Data Sharing
The packing shed is the source of much of the product specification which is passed on
to the sales and distribution end of the supply chain. As such, the packer is perfectly
placed to provide electronic information to growers, agents and transport companies. The
information shared by the agent is carefully controlled via the Harvest
relationships' established between the packer and other organisations.
The ability to send data to the central web site is one of our pilot projects.
Once the data is available on the central web site, growers may log in and view their
consignment or packout data. Agents may enter pricing for consignments via the web site.